Blaze is hiring motivated, entrepreneurial analysts and a development manager to help grow our company’s multifamily real estate investment platform, with roles in Charleston, Atlanta and South Florida. Qualified candidates should send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired job position noted within the email subject line. More information on this position can be found below.
We Are Breakthrough Thinkers in Real Estate
At Blaze Capital Partners we are focused on recruiting a team of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who are inspired to change the status quo. As a firm we approach each investment as a mechanism to achieve our mission of creating homes for how human beings live and how they want to live, and we encourage our employees to stoke every day the entrepreneurial fire that first launched our firm.
LOCATION: Charleston, SC / Atlanta, GA
Supports the Company’s multifamily acquisition, asset management and capital market functions through market research, financial analysis and underwriting of investment opportunities, due diligence and transaction coordination, capital raising, ongoing financial analysis and asset performance reporting, and assistance in strategic Company initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ongoing industry and market research to help inform Company’s investment decisions.
- Detailed financial modeling and analysis of potential investment opportunities, preparation of income and expense projections, and capital budget preparations.
- Preparation of investment presentations and memos related to new investments, financing/refinancing, execution, and disposition recommendations.
- Due diligence coordination, tracking, and analysis in addition to transaction, and closing assistance.
- Assistance in business plan preparation, annual asset budgeting processes, and asset revaluations.
- Ongoing asset performance analysis and reporting for internal and external purposes related to the execution of the owned portfolio.
- Regular communication with industry participants including investment partners, lenders, brokers, property management companies, and contractors.
- Ad hoc projects or initiatives to support the Company’s various initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
POSITION: Senior Development Manager
LOCATION: South Florida
Blaze’s Senior Development Manager will lead the execution of the Company’s development projects throughout Florida by implementing and processing identified development projects, and by managing all facets and activities related to each new project from conception to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage development projects from concept through execution, including feasibility, due diligence, budgeting, design, entitlement, regulatory authority deliverables, scheduling, bidding, procurement, contracting, construction, and lease-up (with asset management team).
- Work closely with the Director of Investments as opportunities are being sourced in order to assist in business plan creation and efficiently manage the project as it transitions into implementation.
- Provide leadership and coordination of both internal and external project team members, including architects, engineers, contractors, consultants, attorneys, lenders, partners, and owners.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for all aspects of a project, anticipating and mitigating risks, maintaining critical path schedules, solving problems, being flexible and wearing many hats as needed to ensure project success.
- Maintain business plans, schedules, and budgets for all projects.
- Create and implement processes and procedures to ensure best practices.
- Perform all tasks necessary to obtain all project approvals, including submission of land use, zoning, and permit applications and attendance at public hearings and neighborhood meetings as required.
- Assist and review the project-related work of all supporting associates and analysts, including underwriting, analysis, and market research.
- Meet regularly with the Principals and Director of Investments to provide progress reports, seek direction, and resolve challenges.
- Work closely with asset management, investment, finance, and accounting professionals at all levels in the company.
- Assist in the growth of a team of cross-functional development professionals and analysts.
- Participate in routine Investment Committee meetings that focus on proposed development projects by making presentations on said projects, working with and assisting the Managing Director of Finance in project financing, and reviewing and providing progress updates on projects under diligence, approvals, construction and lease-up.
- Negotiate and/or assist in the negotiation of complex legal instruments including contracts, easements, term sheets, loan documents, joint venture agreements, municipal agreements, joint development agreements, etc.